How do I clean my spectacles?
How do I look after them?
Here are some of the important DO’s and DON’T’s of looking after your specs!
- DON’T use your clothes/shirt, tissues or toilet paper to clean your lenses.
- DO use the microfiber cloth provided so as not to scratch the anti-reflective coating.
- DON’T use a household cleaner or other chemicals on the lenses.
- DO use a liquid spray that is approved for ophthalmic lenses such as this Zeiss cleaning spray or wipes
- If the lenses are very dirty, DO use warm water to clean them before spraying. Distilled water would be better.
- DON’T use hot water as this could damage the lenses.
- DON’T leave your spectacles on your car windscreen. The heat will damage the lenses and frame.
- DON’T leave your spectacles in your pocket or thrown in a bag.
- DON’T place your spectacles face down.
- DO use your spectacle case to protect and prolong the life of your frame and lenses.
Watch a short video on how to clean your spectacles!